Wednesday, 12 July 2017

My Everyday Makeup Routine

I think most girls at some point or another have had a bit of a makeup crises and have started questioning whether they're doing their glittery eyeshadow right or whether their bright pink lipstick really suits them.  Don't worry, I've been there to.  But I believe that doing your make-up all comes down to trial and error and over the years I have had many trials and made many errors which have all helped me to find an everyday makeup routine that suits me.  Now, I am no makeup artist nor do I claim to be one but I thought I would let you in on the makeup I use on a daily basis that is quick and easy for me.

Step 1 Primer
Only in the last few years have I realised the importance of having a good base to your face (you may not know it but I'm a part time rapper/poet).  The primer I have stuck to despite trying many others is the Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Primer.  It's not too pricey and does a fab job at smoothing and brightening the face whilst also making your foundation last longer.  These days I cannot imagine putting anything on my face without applying my trusty primer first.
Rimmel-London-Fix-And-Perfect-Primer

Step 2 Foundation
The foundation I use really depends on how my skin is feeling.  If I have a bit of a tan and I'm having a good skin day I will just use my NO7 Youthful CC cream.  This doesn't give much coverage but does correct uneven skin colour so is a perfect, lightweight alternative to foundation.  If my skin is looking a bit worse for wear and I'm in need of some higher coverage I will use my NO7 Stay Perfect foundation.  I love this foundation because it still looks super natural and glowy but it just hides those imperfections a bit better.  More often than not though I will just mix a bit of the two together and that is just my perfect foundation combination.  Like I said, finding what makeup suits you best is all about trying and testing.  I apply this using my Clinique foundation brush.  
NO7-Youthful-CC-CreamNO7-Stay-Perfect-FoundationClinique-Foundation-Brush

 Step 3 Concealer
My next step is concealer and the concealer I have found that suits my skin best is the Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer.  I apply it underneath my eyes and around my nose and it does an amazing job of getting rid of my dark circles and red patches.  
Rimmel-London-Wake-Me-Up-Foundation

Step 4 Contour
Step 4, contour - I just can't stop this rhyming.   This Face Form Palette by Sleek is an absolute essential to me and I have already re-purchased it three times.  It consists of a contour colour and also a beautiful highlight and blush (which I use very often too).  I love this contour colour because it looks quite natural on me and is v easy to blend.  Contouring reaaaally scares me but this one is certainly fool proof.  The brush i use for contouring is my NO7 Contour and Highlight Brush as it is the perfect shape for getting between them cheek bones.  
Sleek-Face-Form-Palette


Step 5 Highlighter
Highlighter is my FAVE step.  If I'm not using the highlighter from the palette above, I will be using a highlighter from the Sleek Highlighting Palette.  Even if you don't buy it, please go into Boots or Superdrug to look at this palette because it is gorgeous and it will make your day a bit shinier.  It consists of three cream highighters and one powder highlighter.  I would normally use one of the cream ones because it gives you a beautiful, natural glow. 
Sleek-Highlighting-Palette

Step 6 Eye shadow 
As for eye shadow, I love my Revolution Fortune Favours the Brave palette.  At only £9.99 it is really good quality with all the colours being super pigmented and easy to blend.  I tend to stick to the lighter and matte colours for my everyday look and I use my Real Techniques brushes to apply and blend them.  Just a tip, but the Real Techniques Bold Metals Crease Brush is utterly life changing.  
Revolution-Fortune-Favours-The-Brave-PaletteRevolution-Fortune-Favours-The-Brave-Palette

 Step 7 Eyeliner
I keep my eyeliner quite simple for during the day - sticking to a thin line and steering away from any outlandish flicks.  I have found that my Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner allows me to draw a really thin line close to the lashes.  It also lasts a very long time and does not smudge all over my face as some eyeliners tend to do.
Soap-and-Glory-Supercat-Eyeliner

Step 8 Mascara
My approach to buying mascara is that less is sometimes more and by less I am talking about price.  I have tried so many high end mascaras and none of them have really stood out to me as being amazing therefore I like to stick to the ones i know and love - and hey, they're cheap.  I do a layer of the Barry M Showgirl Mascara and then a layer of the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara and this leaves my lashes looking long and fluttery.  


Rimmel-London-Lash-Accelerator-MascaraBarry-M-Showgirl-Mascara

Step 9 Lips
If you know me, you will know the adoration i have for NYX lip products, especially their Liquid Suede products.  If you are familiar with NYX you will almost certainly be familiar with the Liquid Suede shade Sandstorm.  It is an absolute CLASSIC.  It is the perfect matte, nude shade which is guaranteed to stay on for most of the morning, at least.
NYX-Liquid-Suede-Sandstorm

Step 10 Fixing spray

And finally, to finish off my everyday makeup routine I use the L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist so that my makeup stays on all day and can cope with what the day may bring. 
Loreal-Infallible-Fixing-Mist
Don't forget to follow me on

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. i love the way that you wrote this post! it's so different to what I'm reading. I absolutely love the NYX liquid suede lipsticks. They are amazing!
    keep up the good work!

    freespiritized.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I'm obsessed with the lipsticks! xxxx

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig