Friday, 7 July 2017

Revolution Redemption Eyeshadow Palettes

One of the daily struggles of being a student is wanting to go on a massive make-up shopping spree but also being restricted by my empty purse which can just about stretch for a pot noodle.  As a result, I now have to tear my eyes away from my beloved Estee Lauder and Benefit stands and focus on some much cheaper brands.  Revolution is a brand that is notoriously known for it's cheap make-up and since discovering this brand I have loved trying out their bronzers, highlighters and eyeshadow palettes.  In particular I have loved trying their Redemption eyeshadow palettes so thought it was about time that I discuss whether they are worth the money (all £4 of it) .  


Redemption Palette Iconic 3
My favourite Redemption palette is definitely the Iconic 3 palette.  Although the quality is not as good as my beloved Naked 3 palette, it is certainly a good dupe considering it is only £4.  The mattes aren't very pigmented and a couple of the shimmers are a bit too powdery but all the colours are absolutely beautiful.  Over time it has certainly become one of my 'go to' palettes when I'm feeling a pink lid. 
Revolution-redemption-palette-iconic-3
Revolution-redemption-palette-iconic-3
Redemption Palette Essential Shimmers
My second favourite redemption palette is the essential shimmers palette.  I am 100% more of a shimmer kind of girl than a matte kind of girl so a palette consisting of only shimmers is right up my street.  I think all of the colours are quite pigmented and not too powdery so in terms of quality is probably better than the first palette.  My only issue with this one is that the first few light shades are all very similar and a bit boring which is disappointing considering the lighter shades in a palette are usually my favourite.  However, the rest of the palette is great and the darker shades are all gorgeous.
Revolution-redemption-palette-essential-shimmers

Redemption Palette Iconic 2
My least favourite redemption palette that I own is the Iconic 2 palette.  The main reason why I don't like it as much as the others is because silver eyeshadow does not suit me in any shape or form so is a no-go for me.  The matte shades in this palette are also not very pigmented and very difficult to blend.  Equally, I'm definitely not a fan of the black - neither is my swatching apparently.  Yet, I still use this palette for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th golden shades which I cannot fault.  Although not my favourite palette, it is still so amazing for only £4 and would definitely be loved by someone who suits silver eyeshadow.
Revolution-Redemption-Palette-Iconic-2
Revolution-Redemption-Palette-Iconic-2
Revolution, you did gooooood.
Don't forget to follow me on



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig